A Memorable Journey on the Quantum of the Seas
A memorable journey is something that stays with you till eternity, and one such experience was my trip onboard the Quantum of the Seas by Royal Caribbean. Started from Mumbai and boarded from Hong Kong (Kai Tak Cruise Terminal). I got off the cab and there I had the massive vessel in front of me waiting to be explored. The Quantum of the Seas was introduced in 2014 and has been sailing around the world. Currently sailing from Singapore, the Quantum of the Seas now gives you an opportunity to experience a Cruise journey you have always dreamt of.
Booked my trip through Tirun Travels in India because they are the Exclusive India Representative for Royal Caribbean in India , and I didn’t have to worry because they are one of the best teams to get your planning and booking streamlined at a cost you wouldn’t say no to.
The Quantum of the Seas is 1141 feet long and 136 feet wide. It is one of the largest ships in the world and can host up to 4,180 passengers on 16 decks with double occupancy and 4905 guests in total with a crew of 1500 international professionals always at your service. Being one of the largest cruise vessels in the world, it will leave you asking for more with all those adventure activities and recreational options along with sumptuous meals served.
The main attraction being the “North Star” on the Quantum of the Seas. It is a 360 degrees glass capsule that lifts you 300 feet above the ocean to get you an amazing view of the ocean and the ship. This is a must do experience. Trust me, I did it twice and was still ready to hop in again.
A few interesting facts you should know about the Quantum of the Seas:
- Has 18 decks in total with 16 decks for guests.
- Has 16 guest elevators running round the clock.
- Has 2090 Staterooms, 1571 with a balcony, 375 rooms inside, 148 rooms outside, 375 rooms with a virtual balcony, 16 rooms with family connected option.
- Rip Cord by iFly (A must do). A sky diving experience. You will love it.
- FlowRider Surf Simulator. (I did fall off the surfboard a few times, was fun though)
- A Bionic Bar powered by Makr Shakr. (Very interesting robotic bartender)
Food is something I have always been fond of no matter where I travel. The Quantum of the Seas will keep your taste buds active 24×7. There are so many options to choose from. I even had a pizza at 3AM while exploring the ship at night.
Here are the various restaurant options you can choose from: (Food is Complimentary in these)
- Main Dining at Silk, Chic, The Grande and American Icon Grill
- Windjammer Marketplace
- Café Promenade – serve snacks, pastries and sandwiches throughout the day and into the night
- Sorrento’s – Authentic New York pizzeria open all day
- Café @ Two70
- SeaPlex Dog House
- Coastal Kitchen – Exclusively for Suite guests and Pinnacle Club Members
Here are the various speciality dining restaurant options you can choose from: (have to pay)
- Chops GrilleSM
- Chef’s Table
- Izumi Japanese Cuisine
- Jamie’s Italian from Chef Jamie Oliver
- The Noodle Shop
- La Patisserie
- Harp and Horn Pub
- Hot Pot at Solarium Bistro
After food and alcohol comes the entertainment part that keeps me busy while the ship is sailing to its destination. There wasn’t one moment where I felt that I’m done exploring. There is just so much to do that I was always hopping decks experiencing new adventure activities.
Below mentioned are the activities that you can indulge in once you are onboard the Quantum of the Seas:
- Flowrider surf simulator
- Rock-climbing wall
- Sports court
- Outdoor movie screen
- 2 outdoor pools, 2 indoor pools. 4 whirlpools
- Schooner bar
- Adventure Ocean
- Youth Area, Video arcade
- Concierge club, Conference room
- Vitality at sea spa and fitness center
- Medical center
- Original shows by Royal Caribbean Productions
- Live musical acts and comedy shows
- Rock out on the dance floor at music hall
- Enjoy two70® day and night, from 270° ocean panoramas to evening aerial shows
- Try your luck at Casino Royale
- Outdoor poolside movie screen, 3d movie theatre
- Royal esplanade – lined with boutiques such as michael kors, kiehl’s regalia featuring cartier, hublot, tag heuer and bvlgari.
- Voom, the fastest internet at sea.
If you ask me what is special about this ship, well this entire ship is special. Get onboard once and thank me later for suggesting this one. The Quantum of the Seas will stay in your memories forever and ever as one of the best decisions you made.
The Quantum of the Seas is currently in Singapore till April 2020. The best time for travelers from India and surrounding nations to experience what this cruise journey has to offer. The itineraries have options of up to 34 routes covering Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.
Do check my YouTube video to get a glimpse of what I enjoyed on the Quantum of the Seas.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment and I will get them answered for you. I hope you have a memorable experience too, as I would really suggest taking this cruise if it is your first time on a cruise liner.